Brown's Quarry is a small quarry to the
north of Tunnel Quarry. In 1940 it was converted, at great expense,
into a secure underground Command Centre for No 10 Group, RAF Rudloe
The Command Centre fell
into disuse soon after the war and the control room remained unchanged
until the mid 1980s when it was altered for the Controller, Defence
Communications. It is now derelict and abandoned.
Click on the button above
to see Rudloe Manor.
10 Group Fighter Command Operations Room
walls of the operations room were finished in a special paint
scheme, designed not to distract the girls operating the plotting
table. It consisted of Goblin Green graduating slowly upwards