Eastlays was completed before Tunnel Quarry
and Monkton Farleigh. While the Army had been building ammunition
depots the RAF had been manufacturing ammunition, and so it made
sense for the RAF to have Eastlays for the storage of its own war
Eastlays was sold off in
1976 with Monkton Farleigh to the same buyers, and its future was
also blighted by the Planning Authorities.
Click on the button above
to see Eastlays Quarry.
Depot 2 Eastlays Quarry
May 1944: Three trucks loaded with heavy bombs broke away
from the electric winch cable in No 2 Slope Shaft.